Tabor Home was founded in 1951 by a group led by Rev. Frank H. Friesen of Morden MB Church, currently known as Westside Community Church.
In 1951, the Morden Freemason Hospital was purchased and converted into a 32 bed personal care home, which was officially opened on October 12, 1952.
On November 21, 1968, the board, with assistance from the government (Central Mortgage and Housing Corporation), began constructing a 60-bed personal care home, which was officially opened on September 28, 1969. Manitoba Health took over the operational funding of all personal care homes in July 1973. Following government regionalization in 1997, Tabor Home signed a service purchase agreement with RHA Central MB and remains a contract facility.
Scroll to Top ↑