Volunteers are an important link between Tabor Home residents and the community. Their contributions of care, time, energy and skill help to make Tabor Home a special place to live.
Volunteering at Tabor Home offers the community an opportunity to work with elderly people, enrich the lives of others, test career choices, and meet new people. We would be so pleased to have you become a volunteer and work with any of the following volunteer programs.
Help in the Activity Area with:
4. Serving Coffee on weekends
10. Special Programs
• Monthly birthday party
• Week-end coffee server
• Tea parties
• Musical entertainment
• Bake sales and teas
• Worship services
• Volunteer pastors
• Transport residents
1. One to one visiting of a resident.
• Play games
• Read to a resident
1. Assist residents with meals.
2. Van escorts to accompany resident to appointment and special outings.
1. Sincere interest in elderly people
2. Caring, friendly personality
3. Good listener
7. Time and willingness
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality
– Learn new skills
– Broaden horizons & interests
– Make new friends
– Feeling of accomplishements
– Test Career ChoicesScroll to Top ↑